A resource box is found at the end of an article. It typically includes the name of the author, a brief description of the author, a brief description of the sponsoring site and a link. If a reader likes what they read, they will want to find out where the article came from so they can read more. The resource box should entice the reader to want to go to your site and learn more. Your resource box should be like your calling card.
Benefits of a Resource Box
There are many benefits to the resource box. It is free advertising. If the reader enjoyed the article they will most likely click the link directed to your site. This will increase traffic to your site as well as adding potential customers.
The resource box can also increase your site’s link popularity in search engines. It is a common knowledge that search engines love sites with good link popularity.
Article directories are such powerful promotion tools. They let you establish yourself as an expert in the particular topic that you have written about.
Dos of a Resource Box
There are some things that absolutely must be included in the resource box.
- Your Name – State your name and tell your reader what you do online
- Your Website URL – Remember to give a specific reason to visit your website
- Your Offer – Provide them with an incentive if they click your link. Offer them something free. This will help persuade your potential customers to visit your site. A free report is a great resource to give away.
- Keywords – Include relevant keywords in your resource box.
Don’ts of a Resource Box
There are three things that you should never include in a resource box.
- Multiple website links – If you have several websites, do not include every single one of them in your resource box. This will ruin your credibility. Only include the website that is related to the topic.
- Your Achievements – Do not post all of your achievements because people don’t care. Remember to keep your resource box simple and to the point.
- Big Resource Box – Make your resource box small. It should not be larger than one-fifth of your article size.
A well written resource box increases the professionalism of your article. Never underestimate the power of the resource box. It may be small in size but it will provide a significant boost in driving traffic to your site. Make sure your resource box is fun and creative. Be sure to follow these guidelines and you will have many business opportunities in the future.